Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ghost Wave

A while back I took a trip to Mexico and the whole time I was there I was wishing I could have some good tropical music to go along with it. Luckily I snagged some 'El Guincho' and 'Coconot'. But still there needed to be more, I could only listen to "Alegranza" so many times. If only I had discovered "Ghost Wave" before hand. This is the pinnacle of the tropical, lo-fi movement. Yes, sipping cerveza and listening to 'GW,' by the bright, blue pacific would have been ideal. Who am I to complain though, It was Mexico. "One By One," my personal favorite song off of 'GW's' three song sampler, is a gorgeous, well put together piece. Damp vocals, Latin inspired guitar, and a simple snare are crafted into one of this years best tropical jams. Snag a copy of both "One By One" and "Sooli," after the jump.

Ghost Wave - One By One

Ghost Wave - Sooli

'GW' is recording as of right now, so stay tuned for a proper release.

0 comments:

Post a Comment